Terms And Conditions
Our mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. To help advance this mission, we provide services described below to you:
Connect you with neighbours and organisations that you care about:
We help you find and connect with neighbours, groups, businesses, organisations and others that matter to you.
Empower you to express yourself and communicate about what matters to you:
There are many ways to express yourself on MyStreet and to communicate with neighbours, or with anyone who is connected to the network – for example, sharing updates, photos, videos, creating groups and inviting other people to join in, adding photos to to your profile.
Combat harmful conduct, and protect and support our community:
People will only build community on MyStreet if they feel safe. If we learn of harmful content or conduct, we will take appropriate action – for example, offering help, removing content, blocking access to certain features, disabling an account or contacting law enforcement.
Who can use MyStreet
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For this reason, you must:
• Use the same name that you use in everyday life.
• Provide accurate information about yourself.
• Create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes.
• Not share your password, give access to your MyStreet account to others or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make MyStreet broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use MyStreet if:
• You are under 13 years old.
• You are a convicted sex offender.
• We've previously disabled your account for breaches of our Terms or Policies.
• You are prohibited from receiving our products, services or software under applicable laws.
What you can share and do on MyStreet
We want people to use MyStreet to express themselves and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
1. You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
• That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulet
• That infringes or breaches someone else's rights.
1. You may not upload viruses or malicious code, or do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working or appearance of our Products.
• You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data that you do not have permission to access.
• We can remove content that you share in breach of these provisions and, if applicable, we may take action against your account. We may also disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights.
• Where appropriate, we will take steps to notify you when we remove your content for breaching our terms. We may not be able to provide notice in all cases, for example if we are prohibited from doing so by law or where it might harm our community or the integrity of our Products.
• There is no tolerance for objectionable content or abusive users. We will remove the content and suspend your user if you do not comply.
The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
1. Permission to use content that you create and share: You own the content that you create and share on MyStreet and the other
MyStreet Products you use, and nothing in these Terms takes away the rights that you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. To provide our services, however, we need you to give us some legal permissions to use this content.
Specifically, when you share, post or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (e.g. photos or videos) on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free and worldwide licence to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo on MyStreet, you give us permission to store, copy and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other MyStreet Products that you use.
You can end this licence at any time by deleting your content or account. You should know that, for technical reasons, any content that you delete may persist for a limited period of time in backup copies (though it will not be visible to other users). In addition, content that you delete may continue to appear if you have shared it with others and they have not deleted it.
2 . Permission to update software that you use or download:
If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install upgrades, updates and additional features to improve, enhance and further develop it.
Account suspension - End User License Agreement (EULA)
We want MyStreet to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share their thoughts and ideas.
If we determine that you have clearly, seriously or repeatedly breached our Terms or Policies, including in particular our Community Standards, we may suspend or permanently disable access to your account. We may also suspend or disable your account if required to do so by law. Where appropriate, we will notify you about your account the next time you try to access it.
There is no tolerance for objectionable content or abusive users. If we determine that you have used our platform to take such actions, we will suspend your user and delete the content, media, chats posted.
If you delete or we disable your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us.
3. Limits on liability
We will use reasonable skill and care in providing our Products to you and in keeping a safe, secure and error-free environment, but we cannot guarantee that our Products will always function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. Provided that we have acted with reasonable skill and care, we do not accept responsibility for: losses not caused by our breach of these Terms or otherwise by our acts; losses that are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of entering into these Terms; any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content posted by others that you may encounter on our Products; and events beyond our reasonable control.
The above does not exclude or limit our liability for death, personal injury or fraudulent misrepresentation caused by our negligence. It also does not exclude or limit our liability for any other things where the law does not permit us to do so.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it's useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
If you are a consumer and habitually reside in a Member State of the European Union, the laws of that Member State will apply to any claim, cause of action or dispute that you have against us, which arises out of or relates to these Terms or the MyStreet Products ("claim"), and you may resolve your claim in any competent court in that Member State that has jurisdiction over the claim. In all other cases, you agree that the claim must be resolved in a competent court in the Republic of Ireland and that Irish law will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
These Terms make up the entire agreement between you and MyStreet regarding your use of our Products. They supersede any prior agreements.